Job offers at or in association with Open Source Economics:
- two student research assistants (9 - 19.5 hours)
Research Assistant(s) starting July/August 2021 (9 - 19.5 hours)
Open Source Economics is looking for two student research assistants to support the transdisciplinary research project “Uncertainty quantification and robust decisions”. Please see our projects section for more information about the contents of the project. The research assistants will be actively involved in all stages of the research process and will work in coordination with project partners from the Computational Biology Lab at the University of Bonn and the Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI).
- Student currently enrolled in economics, mathematics, computer science, physics, or a related field.
- Interest in statistics and computational modeling across various domains of research such as economics, epidemiology, and finance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Programming experience in Python and/or R advantageous.
- Experience working with git and GitHub advantageous.
- Flexible working hours.
- Integration into a transdisciplinary team of experienced researchers.
- Tasks that help to develop and strengthen coding skills.
- Integration of your ideas into our research.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- GitHub account/a code sample/brief description of your experience in (statistical) programming.
- Transcript of records in your current degree.